Save the date for our upcoming APPG on Monday 18th January 12:00-13:00pm
With COP26 just around the corner, this virtual APPG session, chaired by Geraint Davies MP, will raise awareness about the often overlooked interlinkages between the ocean and climate change. With an expert panel, we will discuss the impact of climate change on marine ecosystems and coastal communities, the crucial role the ocean can play in helping to tackle the climate change by storing blue carbon, and what policies and legislation we need to enable the ocean to thrive.
Our expert panel will include:
– Hugo Tagholm, CEO of Surfers Against Sewage (SAS), introducing the Ocean and Climate report
– Dr Heather Koldewey, Senior Technical Advisor Zoological Society of London and Honorary Associate Professor at the University of Exeter, discussing the ecological impact of climate change
– Angela Thomas, Arthog Community Council, discussing the proposed decommissioning of Fairbourne Village in North Wales due to climate induced sea level rise
– Mark Parry, Ocean Conservation Trust, discussing the role of blue carbon habitats in mitigating climate change by capturing CO2.
– Clara Goldsmith, Campaigns Director, The Climate Coalition, discussing the Climate Coalitions alternative 10 Point Plan for A Green, Healthy and Fair Recovery.
The session will conclude with an audience Q and A.
We look forward to welcoming you at our next APPG meeting.